Christefano Reyes presents on Redmine, a free and open source project management and issue tracking system written in Ruby on Rails. Prior to this presentation, attendees are welcome and encouraged to download it, use a shared demo or try a private, one-click install.
Popular with (but certainly not limited to) the Ruby on Rails developer community, Redmine is a full-featured system used by companies, open source projects, governmental agencies, and individual developers around the world. Big users of Redmine include open source projects such as Ruby, Puppet, Gentoo, Lighttpd, TYPO3, and the Redmine project itself.
This presentation will focus on how Redmine is used from the perspectives of developers, tech leads and project managers at a software development company. Features that will be demonstrated include:
- User and group management;
- Feeds, email notifications and web-to-mail and mail-to-web support;
- Per-project role-based permissions,
- Time tracking and reports; including calendaring and Gantt charts;
- Issue workflow management across multiple roles;
- Redmine’s plug-in architecture and growing developer ecosystem;
- Custom fields for extending user accounts, time entries, and other data structures;
- Redmine’s REST API and how it integrates with third-party platforms.
Christefano is one of the founders of Exaltation of Larks, a Drupal strategy, development and training company; and Droplabs, a coworking space and classroom near Downtown Los Angeles. As an advocate of open source software, he helps organize meetups and conferences all over the Greater Los Angeles Area. In his spare time, he trains as an amateur acrobat and gymnast at the Original Muscle Beach in Santa Monica.
Speaker: Christefano Reyes
Date: Thursday May 9th, 2013 @ 7 pm
Location: Caltech - Downs 107.
The Downs building is across from the tennis courts on California at Arden.